Selling toys and games on Amazon? Be ready.
Every year in prep for Q4 and the holiday season, Amazon emails sellers updating them on this year’s requirements. These updated requirements usually sent to those who sell toys and games on their platform throughout the holiday season.
These requirements can vary slightly year by year. They also differ from the normal Q1-3 requirements for Toys and Games.
For MFN Sellers in 2020, the requirements are as follows:
Performance Criteria based on Seller-Fulfilled Orders (not fulfilled by Amazon)
- Your first sale on Amazon must be prior to September 1, 2020 and does not need to be specific to Toys & Games.
- You must have processed and shipped at least 25 seller-fulfilled orders from August 15, 2020 through October 14, 2020.
- Pre-fulfillment cancel rates must be no greater than 1.75% from September 15, 2020 through October 14, 2020.
- Late shipment rates must be no greater than 4% from September 15, 2020 through October 14, 2020.
- Order defect rate must be no greater than 1% as of October 14, 2020.
If your Amazon account doesn’t meet these requirements:
Amazon encourages you to take corrective action now to be able to sell through seller fulfillment in Toys & Games during the holiday season.
We have included the following suggestions to remain eligible or improve your performance.
- Monitor your customer metrics and take corrective action when necessary.
- Check your orders frequently in the Manage Orders section of your account.
- Minimize order cancellations; only show inventory for sale that you have available to ship.
- Update your account status when you are not available to fulfill orders (for example, on vacation).
- Ship orders and confirm shipment in a timely manner.
- Ensure your seller policies are up-to-date.
You can also review the below Seller Central Help Pages for more information: