How to prove your item’s worth on Amazon
How to Prove Your (Item’s) Worth: How to Request ASIN Updates with Proof
Healthy and well written detail pages are one of the key factors in generating strong, continuous sales. But all sellers have experienced the moment a seasoned, or newly found, ASIN now contains incorrect or ugly information.
In a perfect world, you would be able to make some adjustments in Manage Inventory or Via Upload, but we know the Amazon data system doesn’t always choose the best contributions. But don’t fret, there is a fairly straightforward, if a bit tedious, solution.
How to Request an ASIN Update:
- Go to https://sellercentral.amazon.com/help/hub/support/describe
- Describe the issue in full detail. It is best to include information like ASINs affected, the issue at hand, proof of item authenticity and information (to prove an update is valid).
- Make sure to request the case be transferred to the Catalog team.
- (Optional) You can request this sent to the Captive team and for a callback from Catalog as well. This might not be available at the time.
What Constitutes as Proof?
The best proof will show the barcode information. Here are the best options to send:
- Manufacturer’s/ Brand Owner’s website page showing the item, details, and GTIN/ UPC
- Product manual showing item, details, and GTIN/ UPC
- Photos of the product showing details and GTIN/ UPC
Lesley is co-founder and co-owner of Riverbend Consulting, where she oversees the firm’s client services team. She has personally helped hundreds of third-party sellers get their accounts and ASINs back up and running. Lesley leverages two decades as a small business consultant to advise clients on profitability and operational performance. She has been an Amazon seller for almost a decade, thanks to her boys (21 and 15) who do most of the heavy lifting.